2019 Actor Submission Tips
What do we look for in an actor's submission?
- Does it follow the submission guidelines?
- Is your video 2-3 minutes? (Anything outside this timeframe will not be considered)
- Is the video a link or YouTube/Vimeo/Dropbox page? (We will not consider a video attachment.)
- Things to consider about your reel:
- We do NOT care if your reel is professional quality or shot with a cellphone. Find a blank wall, prop up your cell phone, and show us what you can do.
- We DO care if we can hear you.
- Clips from previously filmed shows are fine! (Just make sure we can hear you.)
- Show us your personality, range, and your ability as a performer.
- If your reel is professional, but all one note, it is less likely to be considered.
- If your reel is a bunch of characters that all sound and act the same (even if the writing is different), it is less likely to be considered.
- Paragraph of intention:
- Tell us about yourself, past experience, and why you want to be on a BoogieManja team. Sell yourself!
- Character Pitches:
- These should be fun, original character ideas that you would pitch for yourself.
- These should be three brand new pitch ideas. (Not from your video submission or characters you have previously written or performed.)
- Give us a one line character pitch and a couple beat examples.
- A character pitch is different from a premise pitch. A character pitch means there is something unusual and funny about the character’s behavior or point of view. Then you’ll want to give us examples of that unusual thing (beats).
- If you are placed on a BoogieManja team, you will be pitching characters like this for yourself and your team every single show.